Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Small Reassurances

On Saturday, in preparation for teaching Relief Society on Sunday, I googled "LDS Relief Society Wentworth Letter" to see if anyone had any great lesson plans. The second link that came up was titled "Kuala Lumpur Relief Society." That name looked slightly familiar to me, so I clicked on the link. It is a great blog so I read it further. On the sidebar, they welcome sisters who are visiting and generally update everyone on what is happening in the ward. One of the entries mentioned praying for a sister's father who was having surgery in Sarawak. Suddenly, it dawned on me that Kuala Lumpur and Sarawak were familiar to me because they are cities in Malaysia where there are branches of the church. This was the Relief Society blog for a branch in Malaysia!

Now, I have googled many church topics over the years, and I have never run across a blog from Malaysia! I don't think it is any coincidence and I'm comforted that the Lord shows us that He cares by sending little reassurances along the way. I'll probably know more about the goings on in the branch than Kevin will!

Martha thought it would be great to not tell Kevin I had found it, then when he is assigned there, start asking questions about people in the ward.... How's so and so doing after her appendectomy??? It would have been really funny, but of course, I cannot keep such a secret!

3 comments:

  1. that would have been really funny. i sent a letter off to kevin today, from Audrey Mae. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be hilarious. Very interesting to find these "coincidences."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what my life would be like if I didn't have tender mercies from the Lord. This definitely is a tender mercy! We have discussed writing Kevin at our weekly family nights. He sounds great!

    ReplyDelete