Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Wanna Hold Your Hand




Whenever we have an important event in our family, we try to freeze the moment by making a plaster cast of our hands. We have one of my hand and Kevin's hand when he was 12 years old and received the Priesthood. Before Kevin left on his mission, I wanted to make one of him holding Johnny's hand. It turned out so well! You can see every detail, including their fingernails, wrinkles, and veins.





Johnny is big on holding hands. I noticed he was doing it at about 3 months but I thought it was just a reflex to grasp objects. I first realized it was purposeful when I took him for his 4 month doctor check-up. He was happy, smiling and cooing at everyone. This came to an abrupt halt when the nurse gave him his vaccinations. He was completely shocked that someone would hurt him. We had to stay in the room for quite some time for him to calm down after the experience.

When I went to check out and make his next appointment, I put him in his carseat. I heard this little whimper and looked down and he was reaching out his little hand for me to hold. It was the sweetest, saddest thing. He was fine as long as I was holding his hand.

I've never seen a baby do this, but if he is sitting on someone's lap, and someone else he loves is sitting next to them, he will reach out to hold their hand. How could anyone resist? He also wants to hold hands while he is taking his bottle, which makes holding his bottle difficult!

It is so fun to make these casts. I recommend you do it with your family too! The kits are in a bucket and are made by a company called Precious Memories. I found mine at the craft store.

1 comment:

  1. Georgia, that is one of the sweetest things I've seen. How memorable for everyone! That is one of the sweetest babies.

    ReplyDelete