Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweet night of sleep

For the second time, Johnny slept through the night! Sweet relief! He has not been an easy sleeper. This little swaddling blanket has saved our lives, as he wouldn't sleep more than about 2 hours at a time until we discovered it. It has velcro that keeps him bundled up for at least long enough to fall asleep. After he awakens, he can wriggle his way out like a regular Houdini.

I've let him get into a bad habit of allowing him to sleep in the bed with us starting at about 5 a.m. He's done with his cradle by then, but sometimes we can squeeze out another hour or two of sleep if he is allowed to snuggle up against one of us. Who can blame him? I don't like to sleep by myself either!

5 comments:

  1. If the swaddling is being difficult, a large "diaper" safety pin can do wonders =) You know what a fan I am of swaddling, though. Tucker and Oliver were 8 months before I quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so snug and happy! Those swaddling things are amazing- thanks for mentioning it the other day, Simon loves it. I'm so glad Johnny is sleeping through the night for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats how we got our babies sleeping through the night too!! Those things are the greatest. It's been such a welcome change for me to have two babies sleeping though the night. I can gear up for the day finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, he looks so cute. I wanna hold him. I am pleased to hear that you got a nights sleep. WOW. It is so nice. If you are making it until 5 am before he gets into bed with you then I consider that a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't they have those when I was raising babies. Although my mom taught me the blanket fold which held pretty darn good! Glad to see he's sleeping. It just makes everything so much easier to handle during the day.

    ReplyDelete