Monday, June 22, 2009

Singapore



Speaking of our kids going on missions, my neighbor told me, "They're doing what you want them to do, and they're breaking your heart." Kevin has been preparing for years to go on a mission. Many of his friends had received exotic calls, and we were discussing the possibility of Boise, ID., and how that would be perfectly fine if that was where he was supposed to go. After all, this is a mission assignment, not a vacation destination. When he received his call in the mail, it was a "thin" envelope. Everyone knows that you are going somewhere in the U.S. if you receive a "thin" envelope, right? We each ventured a guess, and were all surely surprised when he opened up the letter and read, "You are hereby called to serve...in the Singapore mission." I must confess that I didn't know exactly where Singapore was located. Now, come September, my first baby will head for the MTC and on to an exotic country for an experience that will change his life, and ours, forever. I can't wait, and then again, I hope September never comes. In the meantime, my whole family is safe and sound underneath the same roof, and I am truly happy.

3 comments:

  1. We are so glad that you have a blog. We are so happy for you and your family. Congratulations to Kevin on his mission call! All under one roof, we thought those days would never end and they certainly have. Enjoy it. Interesting how life just moves on. Love your blog this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know where Singapore was either! I would have been shocked if he had gotten a U.S. call, though. Just seemed like he would go abroad. I can't wait to hear more about how all this goes.

    ReplyDelete